As a member of the management team of CBS Scene Restaurant & Bar, your primary responsibility will be to oversee kitchen and stewarding staff in their duties. You will be managing all aspects of the kitchen. You will regularly direct the work of the entire kitchen team. This position will assist the Executive Chef in hiring, firing, training, and supervision of the kitchen staff, and coordination/supervision of all culinary related activities. You will be responsible for the purchasing product and assisting the Chef in maintaining a food cost within prescribed ranges.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- The Executive Sous Chef will ensure that food preparation, quality, consistency, and presentation, meet CBS Scene menu standards at all times.
- Assist in creating and implementing training manuals to ensure consistent delivery of product to the guest.
- Maintain and review prep lists, check daily pars and maintain pars to ensure food costs.
- Control quality of food to avoid waste, ensure proper rotation and utilization
- Supervise work execution, coordination workflow to ensure a smooth running operation while maintaining budgeted labor costs
- Ensure purchased products are received up to set standards
- Maintain all kitchen equipment in a clean and safe working condition
- Enforce CBS Scene employee handbook codes
- Monitor and control overtime to meet budgeted goals
- Assist in monitoring and control overtime to meet budgeted goals
- Assist in monitoring employee performance and issue discipline when necessary
- Advise the Chef on all hiring and firing
- Communicate with Executive Chef on all problems, complaints and discrepancies
- Maintain a monthly inventory of all food products
Skills, Qualifications, & Experience
- Minimum 4 years as a Sous Chef in high volume/high quality restaurant
- Ability to plan and supervise daily operations in a high volume kitchen
- Ability to produce a quality on a consistent basis
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- Serve-safe Certified
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Experienced in staff training and development
- Culinary degree of commensurate industry experience
Non-Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Sous Chef
- Culinary Staff
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender